Food Safety and Preservation Resources
There are many methods for safely preserving food. Please use the links on the left to find more information about the the process you want to use.
Below are links to general information about preservation and food safety. They open in a new window.
- National Center for Home Food Preservation
- USDA Complete Guide to Home Canning
- Storage Tips
- Altitude Adjustments
- Seasonal Tips
- Oregon State Univerisity Publications
- Ball/Kerr Fresh Preserving
- Facebook - UCCE Master Food Preservers of Sacramento County
Food Safety and Recalls
- Food Safety.gov
- Food Safety News
- Don’t Wash Your Chicken!
- 4 Day Throw Away
- 50 USDA Food Safety Fact Sheets