2020 UCCE Master Food Preserver Training
Who Can Apply
- Priority given to Sacramento County residents.
- Attend one of our training information meetings to learn about the UCCE Master Food Preserver Program and our volunteer training. Please rsvp online; walk-ins are welcome.
- Thursday, November 14, 6:30 - 7:30 PM, Elk Grove Library, 8900 Elk Grove Blvd., Elk Grove
- Thursday, December 5, 12:15 PM - 1:15 PM, Electronic meeting you view from home click for details.
- Applicants must be comfortable using a computer and accessing the internet. Quizzes and homework are primarily online; class communication is via email.
- If you have special needs and/or require assistance, please contact us at email@example.com.
How to Apply
- Apply online by Monday, December 16, 2019.
What We’ll Do
- Review applicants. Main criteria for acceptance: 1) prior community service, 2) experience teaching, either by giving presentations, writing, or in one-to-one situations, 3) experience/interest in home food preservation.
- Conduct interviews on Saturday, January 11, 2020.
- Request a background check, including fingerprinting.
- Teach you how to preserve food successfully using scientifically researched home processes.
- Provide you with plenty of volunteer and continuing education opportunities.
What You’ll Do If Accepted
- Pay the $200 course fee by Saturday, January 18, 2020.
- Complete the fingerprinting process by Saturday, January 18, 2020.
- Attend the 10 full-day classes. Only one class may be missed and that class lesson and lab must be made-up at a later date with a mentor.
After Graduation: Your Annual Participation
- Attend monthly UCCE Master Food Preserver business meetings.
- Complete 50 volunteer hours your first year, then 25 volunteer and 12 continuing education hours each year thereafter.
- Take an annual food safety reappointment test.
- Have fun teaching our community about research-based home food preservation techniques!
|11/14||Training Info Mtg|
|12/5||Training Info Mtg|
UCCE Sacramento County
4145 Branch Center Road
Sacramento, CA 95827-3823
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Training Fee: $200
Max class size: 16