2018 UCCE Master Food Preserver Training
Who Can Apply
- Priority given to Sacramento County residents.
- Attend one of our training information meetings to learn about the UCCE Master Food Preserver Program and our volunteer training. Please rsvp online at http://ucanr.edu/mfp_rsvp; walk-ins are welcome.
Thursday, October 5, 6:00pm, Colonial Heights Library, 4799 Stockton Blvd., Sacramento
Thursday, November 2, 6:30pm, Arden Dimick Library, 891 Watt Avenue, Sacramento
Thursday, November 16, 6:15pm, Elk Grove Library, 8900 Elk Grove Blvd., Elk Grove
Saturday, December 2, 10:00 am, Rancho Cordova Library, 9845 Folsom Blvd., Rancho Cordova
- Applicants must be comfortable using a computer and accessing the internet. Quizzes and homework are primarily online; class communication is via email.
- If you have special needs and/or require assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
- Apply online by Sunday, December 17, 2017.
What We’ll Do
- Review applicants. Main criteria for acceptance: 1) prior community service, 2) experience teaching, either by giving presentations, writing, or in one-to-one situations, 3) experience/interest in home food preservation.
- Conduct interviews on Saturday, January 13, 2018.
- Request a background check, including fingerprinting.
- Teach you how to preserve food successfully using scientifically researched home processes.
- Provide you with plenty of volunteer and continuing education opportunities.
What You’ll Do If Accepted
- Pay the $200 course fee by February 1, 2018. ($50 will be refunded upon completion of the first year's volunteer hours requirements by June 30, 2019.)
- Attend the 8 full-day classes. Only one class may be missed and that class’ lesson and lab must be completed with a mentor.
- Complete the fingerprinting process by March 10, 2018.
After Graduation: Your Annual Participation
- Attend monthly MFP business meetings.
- Complete 50 volunteer hours your first year, then 25 volunteer and 12 continuing education hours each year thereafter.
- Take an annual food safety reappointment test.
- Have fun teaching our community about research-based home food preservation techniques!
UCCE Sacramento County
4145 Branch Center Road
Sacramento, CA 95827-3823
Class Hours: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Training Fee: $200
Max class size: 20